FOOD FOR TEENS: A LOVE POEM ABOUT GOD'S WORD




Hello beloved teens, I welcome you to the month of March and I bring you greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I’d like to admonish you on A LOVE POEM ABOUT GOD’S WORD.

With one hundred and seventy-six (176) verses, Psalm 119 is the longest psalm as well as the longest chapter in the Bible. It is an acrostic poem. An acrostic is a poem in which the first letter of each line spells out a word, message or the alphabet; in this case each set of eight verses begins with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet. You could see that this poem was beautifully written and was written with a deep love and appreciation for God's word; of the one hundred and seventy-six verses only about two or three verses did not have direct reference to the word of God. In all the other verses, you will either see the word referred to as statutes, precepts, law, judgment, ways, commandments, testimonies etc, but each and every one celebrated the power and potency of God's Word as well as deep wisdom hidden in the Word. For the sake of space we are going to just look at 10 astounding verses from this beautiful psalm.

1. Psalm 119:9, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word." My dear beloved teen, Every time you have asked the question how can I live a life that is pleasing unto the father, a life of holiness, the psalmist tells us in no uncertain terms; just by submitting to the counsel of God's Word.

2. Psalm 119:11, "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." The secret to living above sin, just put the word of God in your heart. Let it fill your consciousness, and it then begins to control your actions from within.

3. Psalm 119:18-19, "Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me." In the word of God are hidden all the treasures you will need to succeed on earth, those to whom it is opened unto will always know how to navigate through life. According to verse 19, we are strangers to the earth only the word of God that created the whole world can reveal wondrous things to you.

4. Psalm 119:23-24, "Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes. Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors." Powerful people or situations are going to be speaking against you, setting themselves up against you, how do you stay above such situations? Meditate the Word of God and in verse 24 they become your delight, first they bring out the joy of the Lord from within you, then next they begin to give wise counsel on how to win in such situations

5. Psalm 119:26, "I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes." When we declare our desires unto the Lord, it doesn't end there, the Lord must out of His Word teach us how to have our desired outcomes, no wonder scripture tells us that the desires of the righteous shall be granted, therefore you shouldn't only pray or declare God's promises concerning you but also incline your heart to the study and meditation of His Word

6. Psalm 119:67, "Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word." The only way one gets afflicted is when he begins to leave the confines of God word, you stay and keep His Word, even the persecutions which you will face shall turn out for your upliftment

7. Psalm 119:72, "The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver." The Word of God has so much value than silver and gold (money). Someone said a rich man with Christ is just a poor man with money and it's very true.

8. Psalm 119:97-99, "O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation." The only thought that should prevail in your consciousness always is God's Word, it is what will make you wiser than all your enemies and give you rare understanding than your teachers, remember all things were created by the Word of God.

9. Psalm 119:162, "I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil." Learn to rejoice and enjoy the beauty of God's word for in it are hid all the treasures of life

10. Psalm 119:165, "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." The peace that makes a man unshakable in all situations can only be found in the word of God and nothing can steal that peace. In a world of so much uncertainty, the only way to stay above is to stay in the Word of life. This is the Peace Jesus said He has left with us, not as the world gives.

There are so many more beautiful verses in that chapter, you have to study it yourself so that you can really appreciate it more, but the summary of it all is that God's Word is all you need to live a successful life. God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'TS NOT WORTH IT : STOP RESISTING GOD IN YOUR LIFE

FOOD FOR TEENS :THE INTENTIONALITY OF GOD

IT'S NOT WORTH IT: STOP LOOKING BACK